This is a part-time temporary position from now through December 2018, with competitive benefits and PTO.
San Rafael, CA
The Development Associate is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and communications activities and reports directly to the Development and Communications Director.
Job Duties Include:
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, and other correspondence
- Update Prison University Project’s website
- Maintain individual donor files
- Maintain development activities calendar
- Maintain donor records in Salesforce
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors
- Coordinate production and mailing of appeals and other materials
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare materials, and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Development and Communications Director
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree
- A minimum of three years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database management experience, especially Salesforce, is strongly preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Statement of Non-Discrimination
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.